For Fast and Easy Screening
PCR CheckIT™ gels are ideal for fast screening in the size range from 100 bp to 4 kbp.
The gels are produced by gelation and simultaneous cross-linking of the hydroxyl groups of agarose and the oxirane groups of butanediol diglycidylether. They contain a low total polymer concentration, but give improved resolution of short nucleic acid fragments. DNA molecules run faster in PCR CheckIT™ gels than in high percent agarose or fully synthetic gels.
PCR CheckIT™ gels are insoluble in boiling water and do not inhibit DNA polymerases and ligases. The gel is elastic and optically clear. The stained bands from a gel can be excised with BandPick™ and used directly for re-amplification,
sequencing or cloning.
PCR CheckIT™ gels are available with or without Ethidium Bromide (EtBr). The samples can be run in the presence of EtBr to achieve excellent results. PCR CheckIT™ gels are not required to be destained prior to analysis and results can be obtained within 10 minutes.
- Fast results: PCR results in as little as in 10 minutes
- Direct recovery: stained bands can be excised and used directly for PCR, sequencing and cloning
- High throughput: analysing up to 400 samples simultaneously
- High reproducibility: equal quality, gel after gel
- PCR CheckIT™ gels are available with or without Ethidium Bromide (EtBr)
- Can be run in the presence of EtBr or post-stained after electrophoresis
- Maximum electrophoresis temperature: 35°C
- Diffusion of molecules: DNA molecules rapidly diffuse out of the gel at 70°C–75°C
- PCR CheckIT™ gels are elastic and optically clear
- Storage: horizontally at 4°C (40°F), do not freeze!
- Shelf life: at least 6 months (max. 18 months)
For formats and ordering information, please click on